I am a Postdoc Researcher at the Linz Institute of Technology (LIT) AI LAB. I received my PhD degree in 2019 on Representation Learning and Inference from Signals and Sequences. In 2014, I joined the Institute of Computational Perecption at the Johannes Kepler University of Linz. Before that, I worked as a researcher in the area of Statistical Speech Synthesis and Speaker Recognition at Ozyegin University in Istanbul, Turkey. In 2012, I received my Master’s degree in Computer Engineering - Artificial Intelligence from the Shiraz State University, Iran.
Understanding Deep Learning
Understanding how deep learning works, and how the underlying building blocks that make DL successful function.
Robustness and Generalisation in DL
Adversarial Machine Learning, Learning under Distribution mismatch, Robustness in DL
Learning robust representations from genomic data, molecules, audio sequences and images.
- H. Eghbal-zadeh, F. Henkel, G. Widmer Context-Adaptive Reinforcement Learning using Unsupervised Learning of Context Variables, Pre-registration Workshop, NeurIPS, 2020. [blog post]
- H. Eghbal-zadeh, K.Koutini, V. Haunschmid, P. Primus, M. Lewandowski, W. Zellinger, G. Widmer Adversarial Robustness in Data Augmentation, Towards Trustworthy ML: Rethinking Security and Privacy for ML, ICLR Workshop, 2020. [talk]
- H. Eghbal-zadeh, Representation Learning and Inference from Signals and Sequences, PhD Thesis, 2019.
- H. Eghbal-zadeh, W. Zellinger, G. Widmer, Mixture Density Generative Adversarial Networks, CVPR, 2019. [paper] [code]
- H. Eghbal-zadeh, M. Dorfer, G. Widmer, Deep Within-Class Covariance Analysis for Robust Audio Representation Learning, Neural Information Processing Systems, Interpretability and Robustness in Audio, Speech, and Language Workshop, 2018. [paper] [slides]
- H. Eghbal-zadeh, L. Fischer, N. Popitsch, F. Kromp, S. Taschner-Mandl, T. Gerber, E. Bozsaky, P. F. Ambros, I. M. Ambros, G. Widmer, B. A. Moser, DeepSNP: An End-to-End Deep Neural Network with Attention-Based Localization for Breakpoint Detection in Single-Nucleotide Polymorphism Array Genomic Data, Journal of Computational Biology, 2018. [paper] [code]